Abandoned or Unclaimed Property
- Senate Substitute 1 for Senate Bill No. 79 — signed on 6/29/2017 - provides updates to and clarifies changes to Senate Bill No. 13
- Senate Bill No. 13 — signed on 2/2/2017 - make significant changes to the reporting process and look-back periods.
- Senate Bill No. 141 — signed on 7/22/2015 - extends the Secretary of State VDA program.
- Senate Bill No. 228 — signed on 6/30/2014 - codifies holding confidential financial information.
- House Bill No. 2 — signed on 1/30/13 - creates additional incentives to report abandoned property to the state.
- Senate Bill No. 258 — signed on 7/11/12 - amends the code related to abandoned or unclaimed property.
Keep In Touch
Holder and Advocates - please be sure that DOS has your current and/or updated contact information so that DOS can alert you to any current events or changes.
For more information, share a comment or to ask a question about the VDA Program please contact us.